MiDAS training is available for those organisations wanting to use our JoinBookDrive minibus.
The next session for MiDAS - Accessible training is 18th January. Outline of the course is as follows -
- Passenger safety
- Working with disabled people
- Passenger assistance
- Safe use of passenger lifts and ramps
- Safety for passengers who use wheelchairs in minibuses
- Practical skills assessment briefing
- Theory assessment
- Demonstration and supervised practice assisting wheelchair users
- Supervised practice in using equipment
- Practical skills assessment
Training will take place in Leeds and will run from 9.30am to 4.30pm approx.
Cost per person - £85
Standard MiDAS training - 31st January 2018
Outline of the course is as follows -
- Pre-assessment procedures
- Driving assessment session
- Driving skills training
- Introducing MiDAS
- Driver Licensing
- Driving for safety and economy
- Legal requirements and good practice for minibus drivers - mobile phones, seat belts, responsibilities and general
- Health and Safety awareness
- Manual handling awareness
- Fitness to drive
- Planning, vehicle checks and passenger safety
- Breakdown, collision and emergency procedures
- Theory assessment (20 questions)
Cost per person - £75
You need to be over 21 and have held a full UK car licence for at least 2 years. If you have 6 points or more, or recent driving bans, please speak to us in advance or be prepared to wait for insurance company clearance before you drive. Some foreign (non-UK) licences are acceptable – please ask in advance.
Please complete the form below and we'll be in touch - completion of this form does not confirm your place on the session.
Training sessions run in partnership with Leeds Alternative Travel.